How to Qualify BPSC Prelims Within 90 Days or 3 Months: A Comprehensive Guide to Ace the Examby ExamYatra - July 10, 2023
1. Previous Year BPSC paper daily basis
2. Mains Only two questions writing daily of static portion from PYQ
For current affairs
2. KBC Nano
1. Modern - Spectrum (Leader based, revolt, Bihar-specific leaders)
2. Ancient - Tamil Nadu Ncert (Only if have time)
1. Budget, NCERT, CA-based mostly
1. Lucent only word by word, chart and table most important if any
2. weightage is high - so solve all PCS-based qns if possible from Ghatna chakra
1. PYQs is the key
1. NCERT 11 12 very important
2. If doubt in any topic refer to only PYQ
How to Qualify BPSC Prelims Within 90 Days or 3 Months: A Comprehensive Guide to Ace the Exam
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on how to qualify for the BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) Prelims within 90 days or 3 months. If you aspire to become a civil servant and secure a position in the esteemed Bihar Public Service Commission, this article is your key to success. Our team of seasoned experts, including BPSC toppers, has meticulously crafted this booklist and preparation strategy to help you outrank the competition and achieve your dream goal.
Understanding the BPSC Prelims Examination
The BPSC Prelims examination serves as the first stage in the selection process for various civil service positions in Bihar. It comprises two compulsory papers:
General Studies Paper-I: This paper assesses candidates' knowledge in diverse subjects, including History, Geography, Indian Polity, Economy, Environment, and Current Affairs.
General Studies Paper-II: Also known as the "CSAT" paper, it tests candidates' aptitude and reasoning abilities.
The 90-Day Roadmap to Success
Preparing for the BPSC Prelims within a tight timeframe requires a focused and disciplined approach. Here's a step-by-step roadmap to help you cover the syllabus effectively:
Day 1-10: Orientation and Syllabus Analysis
- Familiarize yourself with the BPSC Prelims syllabus and exam pattern.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in various subjects.
- Gather the necessary study materials and resources.
Day 11-30: Subject-wise Preparation
General Studies Paper-I
Indian History: Focus on ancient, medieval, and modern history of India. Pay special attention to the freedom struggle and post-independence India.
Geography: Study both physical and political geography of India and the world. Learn about major rivers, mountains, cities, and geographical features.
Indian Polity and Governance: Understand the Indian political system, Constitution, and governance structure.
Indian Economy: Gain insights into the Indian economy, economic planning, and major government initiatives.
Environment and Ecology: Learn about environmental issues, biodiversity, and conservation efforts.
Current Affairs: Stay updated with national and international news events.
General Studies Paper-II (CSAT)
Comprehension: Practice reading comprehension passages and answering questions based on them.
Numerical Ability: Strengthen your mathematical skills by practicing arithmetic, algebra, and data interpretation.
Logical Reasoning: Enhance your logical reasoning and analytical abilities.
Day 31-60: Booklist for BPSC Prelims
Here's a curated booklist, recommended by BPSC toppers, to supplement your preparation:
- India's Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- A Brief History of Modern India by Spectrum Publications
- Ancient and Medieval History by Poonam Dalal Dahiya
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by G.C. Leong
- Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
Polity and Governance:
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- Introduction to the Constitution of India by D.D. Basu
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Economic Survey by the Government of India
- Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains by Khullar
- Shankar IAS Environment Book
- The Hindu or Indian Express newspaper (for daily news coverage)
- Yojana and Kurukshetra magazines (for government schemes and policies)
Day 61-80: Mock Tests and Revision
- Take regular mock tests to assess your progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Revise important topics and practice previous years' question papers.
Day 81-90: Final Preparation and Confidence Building
- Focus on weak areas and reinforce your strengths.
- Stay positive and maintain a healthy study routine.
- Believe in your abilities and approach the exam with confidence.
Congratulations on completing the 90-day preparation journey! With dedication, hard work, and the right guidance, qualifying for the BPSC Prelims is well within your reach. Remember, consistency and perseverance are the keys to success.
Ace the BPSC Prelims, and you'll be one step closer to fulfilling your aspirations of serving the people of Bihar as a civil servant. Best of luck on your journey to success!